Sunday 11 March 2007

Hit me again..

Well, I am now a qualified PADI open water diver. And soon to be an Advanced Open Water Diver. Get me.

Seriously though, we've signed up for the next stage. (This could become an obsession. Watch out) It's so cheap here and the island is really relaxed and chilled it just makes sense. It's all the things I love about Thailand without all the things I hate (as Jim puts it, 'You may as well go to the Costa del Sol...' in some places.) And I have to agree that Thailand, while still one of my favourite places, isn't really a 'travel' destination. It's so easy with it's a bit more like an extended holiday with a tasty splash of Asia. Cambodia, Laos and especially Vietnam were hard work either emotionally, logistically or physically (OK- Laos was probably easier too...)

After that, I don't know. There are some cool people on this island and I've been chatting to some yoga teachers, so I may stay and focus on that for a few days. There are also some schools and conservation projects wanting volunteers. There is also- according to travel legend- a four day dive trip you can take while living on a boat. I could also go over to Krabi and see what all the fuss is about. My flatmate from Edinburgh will be in BK around the 17th and I haven't seen her for an age so I may travel north and stop off to see her. In short, as always, there are too many options. The more effort I make to try and decide what to do the more options seem to open up(poor me!)

Suggestions welcome!?!

PS Pics will follow- forgot my card reader but wil do it later. I know that's all anyone is really interested in!! xx

2 comments:

robynandben said...

Try not to get eaten by a shark, having said that there aint much meat on you...

robynandben said...

Try not to get eaten by a shark, having said that there aint much meat on you...