Wednesday 28 February 2007

Brizzie..

I am, for the first time in a long while, alone, and in the middle of Australia. Which is bizarre, and somehow important.

Mum left today and I made my way into Brisbane- travelling here is just so alarmingly easy. I was almost expecting mistakes as the woman understood everything I was saying, and arranged for the bus to drop me off at the hostel. which it did. Something is wrong..

so, I had a wander, found the new and stunning modern art gallery and bumped into a guy from South Carolina. And we had coffee for about three hours- it's amazing how you can talk to people from all over and share similar ideas, even the most unexpected places!

He showed me the amazing and free library, which is where I am now. Tomorrow I'm going to seethe lagoon and the botanical gardens and then meet my new friend for dinner. The world is a wonderful place if your trust in serendipity...

Plans have changed, so now I'll be here for another week (flying to Sydney Friday and maybe off to Melbourne for the w/e with dunc. If not it's Mahdi Gras in Sydney!) Then back to Thailand- heading to Koh Tao to find some friends. should be in Thailand for about three weeks before heading back to HK. And then hopefully meeting up with Sarah in China (and Duncan? Come on Duncy!!)

and then.. the end???xx

No comments: